Thursday 6 November 2014

I have a challenge!

I love food. That's no secret. However, I don't feel that eating out often is a great way to keep finances under check, much as I'd love to. I do love to cook too, so my challenge is to create "fakeaways" at home. This then allows me to control costs, ingredients, and quality. Hooray! So..from my recent takeaway foray, my current self-imposed challenge is to master the following: Chicken Chow Mein Chicken Tikka Indian takeaway style vegetable curry Lamb Madras Today, I'm aiming for a chicken tikka and veggie curry. Ok, it's turkey, as that's what I have to use up. I shall blog my journey for my own purposes..and if anyone else wants to read along, then you're very welcome to join in for the ride. Strap yourselves in though, safety first! Today's attempt is adapted from the recipe here). I have to start somewhere. This is a tikka masala recipe, so I shall be omitting the sauce at the end. I have made half the marinade (as I've got 500g of turkey breast) and the turkey is sitting in a mix of half the spice mixture and some natural yoghurt. I'm still looking for the vegetable curry recipe...

No comments:

Post a Comment